How to Setup Notifications
How to Setup Email & SMS Notifications
***** DO NOT USE *****
***** YOUR PERSONAL OR BUSINESS EMAIL *****
***** FOR NOTIFICATIONS! *****
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and the only supported method that you create a new GMAIL account to receive alerts!
Why? Automated messages should ALWAYS be FORWARDED to you from a different account to prevent any device from gaining access to your personal or business messages. Our system is designed to dissuade the practice of using your primary accounts for notifications in favor of using a dedicated notification address.
Go to Settings
Click on the Accounts and Import tab then Other Google Account settings
Click on the Security Tab
Select Turn on access (not recommended)
Keep your settings tab open
On your Bitteller Kiosk click the logo or price 6x until the password dialog shows up and enter your administrative password.
Select "Notifications" and then "Notification Email Address"
Enter your New Email address
Press OK and then select "Email Password" and enter your password
Press "OK" select "Email Server" and enter smtp.gmail.com
Press "OK" and Select "System Notification Identifier" Enter a Unique name or location that will be included in Alerts sent from this device.
Press "OK" and Select "Balance Alert Notification Limit", enter the LOW BALANCE threshold which will kick out a notification.
Press "OK", Check the Box for "Status Report" if you would like to receive a Daily Status Report, Check the Box for "Transaction Notifications" if you would like to receive a notification for each Transaction.
IMPORTANT NOTE! You must press "Back" followed by "Restart Application" in order for changes to take effect! During our test setup we received a low balance alert immediately after restarting the Application.
Now setup your Forwarding.
Back in your Gmail Account Settings, under "Forwarding and POP/IMAP", under the "Forwarding" section click the "Add a forwarding address" button and enter your Email address.
*** For SMS notifications see the list of Email -> SMS gateways near the bottom of this page!
A popup window will ask you to "Proceed" to verify the entered address.
*** This step may not work if you are blocking pop-ups in your browser!
You will then be given a notice that a verification code has been sent to your forwarding address.
Enter your confirmation code and click "Verify"
Now check the radio box for "Forward a copy of incoming mail to:" and change the dropdown to "delete Gmail's copy". This will ensure your alerts account does not store your notifications.
*** Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"
You should see a notice on the main page indicating that your mail is being forwarded!
For SMS Notifications use the email address that corresponds to your mobile carrier. Replacing number with your full phone number with no dashes or parentheses. Please contact your carrier for help or if your carrier is not listed.
- AT&T: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS), email@example.com (MMS)
- T-Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS & MMS)
- Verizon: email@example.com (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
- Sprint: email@example.com (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
- Xfinity Mobile: email@example.com (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
- Virgin Mobile: email@example.com (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
- Tracfone: email@example.com (MMS)
- Simple Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS)
- Mint Mobile: email@example.com (SMS)
- Red Pocket: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS)
- Metro PCS: email@example.com (SMS & MMS)
- Boost Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS), email@example.com (MMS)
- Cricket: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS), email@example.com (MMS)
- Republic Wireless: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS)
- Google Fi (Project Fi): email@example.com (SMS & MMS)
- U.S. Cellular: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS), email@example.com (MMS)
- Ting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consumer Cellular: email@example.com
- C-Spire: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Page Plus: email@example.com